Sunday 27 October 2013

Pandakon 2013-good,good memories!

I have just been at my first anime convention ever,and it was AWESOME.I had high expectations for it,but even those were trumped.Right now while I am still writing this blog,Pandakon still hasn't finished(right now it's 23:37,Pandakon will end at 03:00).

The attendance was much higher than it was anticipated. Ofc. this convention is still very very new so it wasn't like 10000 people,but still It was pretty crowded from the very beginning.There were enough cosplayers and they were all willing to take photographs.

Well at the beginning of the convention there were origami workshops.These were interesting,however I failed at my first try to make a origami swan.Then there was a lecture about japan its culture and it contained many pictures from Japan.There was also a lecture about the lolita subculture.There was a workshop about draing in the Japanese manga style.Also there was a workshop about the lolita style of clothing and a lecture about how to make bento lunchboxes.There were anime projections as well.

However I would say that the highpoint of the convention were the cosplay and outfit competitions.During that time the hall was full of people and it was sweaty...you know.But the weird thing is that after the cosplay competition a set of completely new cosplayers arrived.

After that there were karaoke.At that time I took the chance to go to the local student caffeteria to eat some dinner.When I came back karaoke was still on so I got out and chatted with my mates for a while.After the karaoke they announced the winners of the cosplay competition.One winner was decided by the jury,the other was decided by voting.Both of the winners totally deserved to win the competition.

After the winners of the competitions were announced all that was left was a j-pop/j

Also during the whole time of the convention you could buy,sell or exchange mangas and collectible items(from now on known as "loot").And I didn't get out empty handed.

So here are the photos from Pandakon:
So this is the loot i got from Pandakon.I exchanged my Negima volumes 1,2,3,4 for volumes 5,6,7,8.I sold 3 of my Death note volumes(4,5,6) and bought Pandora hearts volumes 1 and 3.I am especially fond of the fate/stay night excalibur key-ring,it has both the sword and the scabbard.
Here I took some photos with the most impressive cosplayer.Notice the gun?I wonder how many hours did it take to prepare this cosplay.Anyhow,she deservedly won the cosplay competition by vote of the public.She cosplayed as Seras Victoria from Hellsing and Hellsing ultimate.
This one is hard to see,but this is a Mikasa cosplay from Shingeki no kyojin(Attack on titan).
And here is a Suigintou(Rozen maiden) cosplay which I liked a lot.Too bad it didn't even get 2nd or 3rd place in the competition.

And here is me posing with the one and only L from death note!
A picture from the manga drawing workshop.

Two almost identical pictures of a Christa cosplay from Shingeki no Kyojin(Attack on titan).In the cosplay competition she was the jury's favorite and she won first place.She totally deserved it.


This is a group photo of all the cosplayers after the actual cosplay competiotion.
This one is very blurry,anyhow,this was from a stall selling homemade pixel art merchandise.

A stall from an active anime community in Croatia.

A stall selling voodoo dolls huh,huh :| :(.I am not sure what to think of it.

Those were nominated as the best cosplays.

And here is a group photo of all the cosplayers and outfit competition competitors.


Wow,lengthwise this is probably my longest post yet XD.

Written by:Mario Kamenjak












No comments: